You ever have one of those days?
Or maybe one of those weeks?
Or how about this? One of those months?
That was me. February.
I can say I am more than happy to see February end, on with what I hope to be a better month, setting the mood for what I hope is a great year.
While of course there were blessings among all this awfulness it just gets difficult, you get disheartened and really just tired, wishing for the circumstances of your pain to just leave already.
You question why God would put you through something like this, what did you ever do to deserve all this "poop?" For that there was no answer, one could speculate reasons but all in all we don't really know the answer to that question.
So where did I find myself? Sometimes I found myself upset, angry, mad, or sad with tears streaming down my face (this becomes a problem when you already can't breath out of your nose due to a cold and then you start crying). I think we all get there, our breaking point, where you just need a good cry and feel like all this "poop" just keeps piling on...and on.
In those moments sometimes I was just angry or sad but then I found myself taking it to God in prayer. What more could I do? It was not something I had any control over and this was something I was realizing. Sometimes I didn't have the words but I knew that God knew what was on my heart, what was causing my pain and only he could provide those answers.
Was I still mad or sad? Of course I was and I wasn't just instantly happy after I brought it forward in prayer but I did feel my load lightened, even if just a bit at first. I had to admit I needed help which I struggle with and I had to admit no matter how bad I wanted it or tried this was something that could not be controlled by me. I had to hand it over....as difficult as that was/is.
We all have our "thing." The thing that we might be struggling with at any given time. For some people it might be finding a job, others illness and maybe to others relationships. We all have our struggles but they do not have to define us.
Sometimes its hard, sometimes you just want to be mad or sad, but is that any way to live your life? Who wins in that situation? Certainly not you and certainly not those around you.
Take it to God in prayer. Is it hard sometimes? You bet. Does it make you instantly feel like everything is going to be ok? Well probably not. Does it make you not feel alone? Yup.
Give it a try.
No one ever said life would be easy or fair but we can have hope in knowing He knows our future.
Jeremiah 29:11
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.