So I decided to work-out tonight. I didn't get to the gym until about 6:15 though because I really wanted to use my iTunes gift card, well some of it, and put some music on my phone. Well being that I do not have an iPhone this proved to not be the easiest thing in the world but I finally got it to work and left for the gym, arriving later and finishing later than I wanted to. This is all besides the point though. When I was working out this thought came to mind.....the nerve of some people....
the nerve they have to.....
sit at their cushy desks and then offer criticism of a job well done when they don't even know
critique other people's work "below them" but do those people ever give their opinion of the job the "higher up" is doing?
offer criticism when they themselves have no idea the time and effort you are putting in and really might not even know what it is you actually do....I mean really?
see you maybe once a month yet this qualifies them to criticize
go home on time and never see the extra time you are putting in
eat dinner at 6:00pm every night or at least a timely dinner time and have the nerve to offer criticism when you bring your work home and eat dinner at 8:00pm some nights
tell you how you could do your job better
not even work with you directly but yet are able to directly affect your pay
not even work in the same building and are able to criticize
not even get down and dirty to make the company money yet can offer criticism
not even be able to complete your job and offer critiques
possibly have even done your job in the past but were awful at it yet their opinion of the job you do now matters a whole lot
not even speak with those who work directly with you yet form their own opinion about what you could do better from no direct experience of this
Apparently the business world's idea of a manager has changed. This is what I have come up with as what the business world sees as a proper manager:
someone who couldn't do the dirty work but it good at holding down a chair and looking good in an office, who knows how to use a pen and delegate tasks to others who are much more suited and qualified to perform these tasks.
Oh did I bother to mention that these people usually, more often than not, make more than the people who are doing the actual hard work?
Talk about a crock of....well let your mind wander here.....
I have to say this really irks me to say the least. I think the business world has it wrong....yeah I said it wrong....they got it wrong....
A manager should be someone who can do all the paperwork...themselves I might add, who can lead others and inspire others to do a good job, to make people want to do the best they can on a day to day basis, someone who can perform all the tasks of those whom they "manage" or oversee so that if one day or week or even month this person isn't able to perform their tasks the manager can step right in and do the job, maybe with some questions, cuz we all know if you don't do it every day it tends to slip your mind, but with ease and get the job done and well too because shouldn't you make more if you know more?
One last thought.....isn't it more fun to work with someone when you know that it is a team effort that even though they might delegate a certain task to you that their is no doubt in your mind if they had to they could and would do it themselves?
Think about it.......get back to me......
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.