Friday, March 11, 2011

Life changes.......

So I was thinking today...been doing that a lot....
there are some things that will never change and some things that you just can't stop. 


There will always be laundry to do,
bathrooms to clean,
grocery shopping to do,
lines during Christmas,
children that don't want to go to bed, 
people who are rude
and work.  
Now there are just a few of the things that will as we say....
NEVER change.


On the other hand there are those things that will continue to happen whether we want them to or not. 
People will fall in love,
children will grow,
we will grow old,
there will be weddings,
there will be funerals,
there will be new homes,
and there will be babies.


While change is one of those things we can't stop it doesn't mean it is something we are always prepared for. Now this can be good prepared for or bad prepared for. Let me give you an example:  Marriage is great fun and the big day is really something else, good change, but bad change (you aren't prepared) no one told you all the annoying things your new husband might do that you didn't know about, like blow snot in the shower for example, I mean really, is this just a man thing? I for one think it is gross but that is besides the point.


I have been faced recently with the dilemma of this good change/bad change. To be honest I don't know how to deal with it and I certainly wasn't prepared for it. There are days I do fine and the thought doesn't really even cross my mind. But unfortunately those good days also come with some bad ones where I can't get it out of my mind and I feel so unprepared and lost, alone and sad.


How does one deal with something like this? Am I selfish?
Probably, as much as I don't care to admit it.
But I REALLY and I mean REALLY DO NOT intend to be.
I just was unprepared, caught off guard, BOO, surprised and I don't know what do do now.


For fear of making a mistake out of an already awkward situation I choose to keep to myself, suck it up, and put a smile on when faced with the change head on. 


Life changes, ready or not, here it comes.


Do we change with it so we feel more a part or do we learn to be happy where we are, with the card we are dealt, with the circumstances we are given, waiting for our time when we are ready (if ever)? We can't stop change though.....


I haven't yet figured this out but I will tell you I am trying, fighting, facing where I am and trying to be happy. Sometimes overwhelming I close my eyes and take a deep breath knowing this is just a season in the changes of life.  


I will let you know if I figure it out, in the meantime.....


Life changes, ready or not, here it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.