I was thinking today about staying positive and not letting the things of this world bring us down. It seems easy to say to someone, you see they are having a not so good day and you tell them, stay positive. This is easier said than done.
Little things, ok. You spill your coffee on the way out the door. Now while this may be annoying and messy, positively, you did not spill it on yourself. So while you might not be as caffeinated this morning, you won't be late due to the fact that you have to change your clothes.
You get stuck behind a school bus on your way to work. Annoying yes but although you may be a few minutes late and a bit more flustered than usual, positively, you were able to arrive safely.
A little bit bigger things.
You get a flat tire. So annoying and although this might really throw your day off, make you late, cost you some money, positively, it really could have been a lot worse.
A tad bit bigger even then.
You have one good car and one car used just to get back and forth to work. Great, nothing fancy here but one is paid for and you are just saving up until you have to replace the 2nd car. BUT that 2nd car craps out sooner than you were planning, and worst of all you have no idea what is wrong with it so you can't even fix it! Not to mention there really isn't money in the budget for another car payment...fun fun. This is super super annoying and very irritating, positively though we are both still able to get to work, with one car it may be more challenging but are are both healthy enough to go to work and do our jobs.
So then I got to thinking about other things like the things we do on a daily basis, you know those thing we make a conscious choice to do.
For example, go to work. I got to thinking that we all make a conscious effort to get up and go to work each morning. Sometimes it is harder than others and I think that is to be expected but I also think that it shouldn't be an everyday thing. I know, I know like being positive this is once again one of those things where it is easier said then done because we all need to make a living and sometimes it isn't the most fun in the world.
But I think it is important to remember that we make a conscious effort to go to work and we make a conscious choice to be involved in what goes on there. If we don't agree, again, we need to make a conscious choice and effort to let it be known that we don't agree and it isn't something we are wanting to be a part of.
Make a conscious choice to make the right choice for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.