It indeed has been awhile.
I don't have much to say, or so I think but maybe once I start typing this will end up longer than I ever intended.
As we speak Louie (my cat) is laying on the floor flicking his tail and staring at me, probably wondering why I am not playing with him. I love animals. I love the feeling of being loved by them, greeting you at the door, vying for your attention. I mean in life how many people give you that much attention? Moms, I know you might say your children but even I know that doesn't last forever, I have been a teenager.
When you feel lonely or sad or just kinda blah they are there for you, maybe not always cuddly but sometimes which is enough, and they seem to know just the right time.
Some people aren't pet people, which is fine but how could you not be? While that is my opinion I have to respect those who know they aren't pet people so they avoid owning a pet, good for you.
At the sake of sounding like a crazy cat lady or crazy period I love Louie and I just have a heart for animals. Maybe it is something about the fact that they can only help themselves to a certain extent, I meant sometimes as people we bring situations upon ourselves, but we can also help ourselves too.
One think I hate though is that I care to much. Is that possible you ask? Yes let me tell you it is. Now my husband makes fun of me sometimes which I can deal with but other times not so much. When I see an animal in need (or one dead on the road, it happens) it just makes me tear up. O, and you know those commercials on TV where they are asking for your money so they can help the animals, I can't watch those, I have to turn the channel. My husband worries that I will just write them a check. I wish I could, I wish I could help ALL the animals.
I know, sounds crazy, and you can laugh but I do believe it is possible to care to much. This I know for a fact.
People say sometimes their pet is their baby. I believe it, Louie is my baby.
(I will pause so you can laugh)
But have you ever thought that maybe it has something to do with the fact that all pet owners have some sort of nurturing they want to give to someone/some animal.
For some a baby might not be in the picture, for others it might not be possible, this isn't always something we take into consideration when people opening and rudely ask if you are going to have a family or when you plan on starting a family.
This is my family, me, my husband and Louie and I live with MY FAMILY everyday. Whoever defined a family as a mom, dad and child? Certainly not me and I have come to respect more the fact that families can be lots of different things to many people.
For this I am thankful today, MY FAMILY.
My furry, loving, cuddly, funny, quirky family.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.